
Last year, in early December, we experienced a cold spell with low temperatures in the teens. During the day when the sun was out it wasn't so bad, but temperatures dropped quickly at night.
I wanted to go to Zoolights at the Oregon Zoo, but was not looking forward to fighting the crowds or the rain that I remembered from last time so, I got the bright idea of going to Zoolights while it was so cold. There was no rain in the forecast and I figured that being early in the season most families would decide to wait until it warmed up to brave the Zoolights. I dressed everyone in layers and packed a thermos of hot chocolate and off we went.
I was right, the zoo was almost empty, but we sure were COLD as you can probably tell by the looks on the boys' faces!
1 comment:
I can totally see you scheming as to how this was the perfect plan! I would do the same thing except "cold" in Chicago means below zero, and that's too much even for us hardy Midwesterners.
Post a Comment