We have been trying to be super frugal in the time between now and when our house closes and so Teddy had a very homemade kind of family birthday party. He's young enough that he was still very happy with it! Fortunately he didn't seem to mind the christmas wrapping paper :)
It's hard for me to believe it has been three years since he joined our family! He is such a sweetheart and we love him so much!
He LOVES chocolate and he loves to pretend he is a baby bird (he loves seeing the nest in our back yard) and so I made him a "wormy" (gummy worms) chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. The three random chocolate candies are there because he asked for them and that's where he wanted them.
We brought cupcakes to preschool and his teacher made him a crown that he kept calling his "princess crown." I tried to turn it into a "prince" crown, but he wouldn't go for it.
He got a construction set, a "word whammer" a toy that builds words - believe it or not he really likes it! - underwear (so he can be like a big kid) nice khaki shorts (for church) and a car from Riley. He will get to spend his gift card to Toys R Us from the Allreds and his money from the Mize's after we move. He blew out his candles before we sang happy birthday and so we had to light them again! He loves birthday cake!
On my birthday (two days after Teddy) we used a gift certificate to the Cheesecake factory that we got for Christmas to go out to dinner. Ryan made me a cake and I will get a present after the house closes in June - or I guess the house is my present! On the morning of my birthday Riley asked, "If it is your birthday, why isn't the house decorated like it is for our birthdays?" I explained that it is because I decorate the house and I didn't decorate for myself!" He very seriously said that when he got home from school we would decorate the house for me. Sweet boy! Ryan surprised me by getting off work early and I really had a lovely day.
No comments:
Post a Comment