March 24, 2011

Old Pics: Jordan World Circus March 2010




In March 2010 Riley came home from school with a coupon for free kids admission (with paid adult admission) to the Jordan World Circus. The show was going to be in the afternoon so I decided to brave taking the boys to the circus by myself. It was a small time circus, but they did have elephants, trapeze artists, trained bears, a tiger and a guy who rode his motorcyle inside a metal sphere. During intermission they brought out ponies to ride, an inflatable slide and the bears so that you could have your picture taken with them. I let the boys choose one activity and they chose the slide. It was absolute choas in the ring and it was actually terrifying trying to keep track of both boys (neither of them have a sense that they need to pay any attention to where they are in relation to me, or even that they should stay together to make it easier for me to keep track of them in public places - they tend to run away from me, usually in opposite directions). A woman standing right next to me lost track of her little boy and started screaming hysterically. I think it took a full 10 minutes before he was found and she was hysterical the whole time. As a mother myself I was near tears just listening to her, wishing I could help, but needing to keep track of my two kids. While she was screaming I was trying to hold onto Ri while I tried convince T to come down the slide. He was having a grand time just jumping around at the top without sliding down. I finally sent Ri up to drag T down with him. When they got down I held tightly onto their middles (all the while with the hysterical mother screaming in the background) while they got their shoes back on and I got them navigated through the crowds back to our seats. It was stressful to say the least, but in the end, we all made it home safe and sound and the boys had a great time.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Your boys are too cute. It makes me excited for mine to get older (and to start sleeping again!!)