March 12, 2009

Father/Son Date



After months of begging to learn to ice skate (he got the idea from the library book "Cam Johnson and the Ice Skate Mystery"), Ryan took Riley on a Father/Son date to the rink out in Pineville. Riley loved it. It usually takes Riley awhile to warm up to sports, but he happily hit the ice as soon as his skates were laced up. He only started holding on to the edges after multiple falls. Being the overprotective mother that I am, you can see that I sent him with a helmet, knee and elbow pads. It turns out that what he really could have used was a pillow strapped to his backside! He never got discouraged though. He told me over and over when he got home that he needs to practice and then he won't fall so much. I think he would be a hockey player if we lived closer to a rink. He keeps asking when he gets to go again and I am doing my best to give vague non-committal answers as it is a 40 minute drive and costs $10 a person for a session.

No comments: