March 23, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Fun

For lunch on St. Patrick's day I made the boys green pancakes, green eggs and sliced cucumbers. The cucumbers were Riley's request - he loves cucumbers, although he usually calls them zucchinis. The boys gobbled up the pancakes, but looked suspiciously at the eggs. Riley finally tried a bite and then said, "Hey they taste just like regular eggs!" Teddy at first announced he was not going to be eating those eggs, but after watching Riley eat his he decided to give them a try too.


We had a regular food for dinner except we kept up the three year tradition of having green kool-aid instead of water to drink and wore funny looking shamrock hats I made with the boys in the afternoon. We went outside and picked real clovers to glue on them, but I forgot to take a picture of those.

No comments: