March 23, 2009

Pie vs. Cake

For Ryan's birthday (which is in January) every year we have banana cream pie (his favorite) instead of cake. Riley finds this perplexing.

Last night we had belgian waffles for dinner. When we were done Riley said, "Lets invite all our friends and have and eating party! An eating party is where you get to eat whatever you want!" This led to a discussion of what one should have at an eating party. Riley said waffles with strawberries and whip cream (apparently he really liked his dinner). Ryan said Katsudon and banana cream pie which reminded Riley of the cake vs. pie debate.

Riley got a thoughtful look on his face and said "You know Dad, next time its my birthday, I'm going to have cake and I'm going to let you have some. You see, I had pie once, and it was pretty good, but not quite as good as cake. I think once you try cake, you'll decide you want it for your birthday too."

No comments: