December 22, 2009

Catch Up Post: Reed's Gold Mine







This is a little out of order, but I forgot to post the pictures from our trip to Reed's Gold Mine in May. It is located about an hour out of Charlotte and is the sight of the first goldrush in the United States. Ry was working so the boys and I decided to brave the trip ourselves. Ri was super interested in the museum and all the old mining equipment. T was patient while I read the plaques to Ri and T actually asked to use the potty unprompted while we were there (a small victory for us!) The boys loved the tour of the mine and panning for gold. They say about 1 in 4 visitors finds a little speck of gold. There were 3 of us so I thought our odds were pretty good, but we didn't find any. It didn't really matter though, I mean, for 3 and 5 year old boys, what's not to love about dirty water, rocks and large bowls!

No comments: