On our second day Grandpa T, Ry and Ri went to tour a retired battleship (I can't remember which one, maybe a it was a carrier?) that has been turned into a museum while Grandma J, T and I spent a fabulous morning walking around the beautiful houses of rainbow row and the Battery. T was great in the stroller we bought him the day before (after the first day we were willing to spend almost anything on a stroller and it was worth it!). As we walked through the downtown a restaurant was giving out hushpuppy samples. Neither J nor I particularly liked them, but apparently a bee wanted to take a bite, but ended up stinging my finger instead. Ouch!
That afternoon we traveled to the beach and enjoyed the warm water, waves and yellow sand. I stood in the waves, watching the boys play, trying to think of a way to make it back before we moved back to the northwest's cold, rocky beaches. Unfortunately, with only two weeks to go before we moved, and Ryan being on call at the hospital both of the upcoming weekends, I couldn't think of a way to make it back.
All in all it was just a truly great trip. Even when the hotel didn't have our reservations, we ended up finding a better place to stay for the same price.
Back in Charlotte we took Ry's parents out for some real Southern BBQ at Sonny's BBQ pit. Who knew fried Okra was so yummy?
No comments:
Post a Comment